I'm L'Oreal Benitez
I am a Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist and a Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor. In addition, I am trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) which can be helpful to reduce emotional distress in trauma-related disorders. I have received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Wichita State University and a Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Friends University.
I have experience working with a diverse population, including adults, adolescents, families, and couples. I have worked in various settings including community mental health, homeless shelters, and conducted clinical trials research. In addition to working full time in a private practice setting, I supervise student therapists at Friends Universities Center on Family Living. I also serve as board President of Kansas Birth Justice Society.
My Treatment Approach
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
• Dialectical Behavioral (DBT)
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Emotionally Focused (EFT)
• Motivational Interviewing
• Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)